Contact: Kevin Marrs, Vice President at ASE, 248-223-8025 or email@example.com.
Livonia, Mich. —June 29, 2020 — ASE, one of the nation’s oldest and largest employer associations providing people-management information and services to Michigan employers, released the organization’s 2020 Compensation Survey results at its annual Compensation and Benefits Conference last week. It’s the 68th year that ASE has published the annual survey. The findings were released by Mary E. Corrado, president and CEO of ASE.
“Our data, collected directly from local employers, is critical in helping employers make informed decisions about wages,” stated Corrado. “This information, like many of our benchmarking studies, will be vital as we look to navigate uncertain and volatile economic conditions due to the current pandemic.”
2020 Survey Demographics
A total of 319 companies, 57% of them located in the metro Detroit region, responded to the survey, which was distributed to human resource professionals in January 2020. Just over 40% of the respondents are classified as automotive suppliers, and 481 jobs were reported on. 82% of the organizations that responded have 1-500 employees.
2020 ASE Compensation Survey Highlights:
- Actual wage increases, based on a constant sample of companies, increased 2.6% year over year. The constant sample represents companies who reported data in both 2019 and 2020.
- Merit increase budgets, what a company budgets for performance-based pay increases, averaged 3%. This is consistent with 2019 merit budgets.
- Organizations offering variable or incentive pay showed a slight decrease to 80% in 2020 compared to 83% in 2019.
- Legal, Facilities Management, Scheduling, Administrative, Sales / Marketing and Information Systems are all fields that witnessed average wage increases of 3% and higher.
- Design Engineering and Product Development Engineering job groups average wage increases were 3.6% and 3.5% respectively.
To obtain a copy of the 2020 Compensation Survey results, contact Kevin Marrs, Vice President at ASE, 248-223-8025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ASE is Michigan’s trusted HR partner. ASE is a non-profit, membership organization – everything we do is based on the needs of members and to drive the success of their organizations. ASE strengthens organization’s HR departments by offering member benefits and discounted services that span the entire employee lifecycle including recruitment, development, and retention while minimizing compliance risk. We provide our members guidance through new legislation and workplace issues such as those currently occurring with the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about ASE at www.aseonline.org.